Thank you for your interest in joining the Sydney Edible Garden Trail
Sydney Edible Garden Trail collects information about you when you become an active participant and through other interactions with us.
We take the protection of your personal information seriously, and we are committed to upholding our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What personal information do we collect
Visitors to the SEGT website at www.sydneyediblegardentrail.com and participants of SEGT events and services, choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personal information. The amount and type of personal information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if you decide to register to participate in an SEGT event, then we ask for your name, address, email address and contact number. If you email or telephone us, we may also collect your name, address, email address, phone numbers. Also, we may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with us.
We also use social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram to distribute news, announcements, promotions, blogs and information about our services. If you submit or post comments, images, recordings or other personal content for public display on the social media platforms, or on our website, that information may be available for anyone in the world to view and/or comment on. You are encouraged to read the separate privacy policies of those social media platforms. We are not responsible to you for the information handling of those social media platforms.
Except as described in this section, we do not require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g. details of race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of a trade union) to us. If you do provide us with sensitive information for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, but namely:
• directly from you when you provide it to us
• via our website or when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages).
For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information so that we can interact with you in connection with our events and services.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
• for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you)
• for other purposes to which you have consented, or
• as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are:
• responding to enquiries or complaints about us (including via our websites or via an email or other correspondence you send to us)
• providing you with further information about us and our commercial or Council partners
• to contact you about any marketing or promotional purposes in connection with our services including promotions, events, competitions or special offers about our services, or those of our commercial or Council partners
• to administer rewards, surveys, competitions or other promotional activities or events conducted, sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
• enabling us to provide the services to you
• for our own internal business operations, including optimising or bettering our services to you, or analysing and better understanding our customer base
• to verify your identity, address and age or eligibility to participate in a marketing activity
• to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users or participants.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide to us any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to do provide you with the services requested or allow you to participate in the marketing activities that depend on the collection of that information
We will hold personal information as either physical records; electronic records on our servers; or electronic records on our web servers. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personal and personal information.
You may at any time, request to “opt out” of receiving any marketing or promotional material from us by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contacting us by email.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations and partners of our events (including without limitation, local authorities and councils) that need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on our website or assist us to provide services or promotions to you; or
• to governmental bodies and agencies, in the event we reasonably believe you have engaged in any unlawful activity, or otherwise to the extent permitted under the Privacy Act;
• to other persons when we otherwise notify you, and you consent to the disclosure.
Does personal information leave Australia?
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to service providers (who provide data storage services or who provide a platform for mail-outs, like Mailchimp). The countries that those service providers are located include the USA.
Accessing personal information and making complaints
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction from us. You are also entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or if we have breached the Privacy Act. If you want to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will attempt to respond to you in writing within a reasonable period of time, informing you of our decision in relation to your complaint. If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, then you can access an external dispute resolution service (if applicable) or apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have the complaint heard and determined. When we write to you about our decision, we will explain how you may access an external dispute resolution scheme (if applicable) or make a complaint to the OAIC.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personal information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personal information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personal information in the aggregate, eg, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
All logos, slogans, content, designs, diagrams, drawings, graphics, images, layouts, appearance, videos, ideas, methods, databases, codes, algorithms, software, fees, pricing, notes, documents, domain names, confidential information, copyright, rights in circuit layouts (or similar rights), registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, patent, know-how, trade secrets and any other intellectual or industrial property whether such rights are capable of being registered or not (collectively Intellectual Property), including but not limited to copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works displayed on the website, Facebook group, Facebook page and layout, and Instagram page and the layout, appearance and look of website, Facebook group, Facebook page and layout, and Instagram page together with any applications for registration and any rights to registration or renewal of such rights anywhere in the world, whether created before or after the date of these Terms is controlled by or licensed to Sydney Edible Garden Trail.
The User agrees that, as between the User and Sydney Edible Garden Trail, Sydney Edible Garden Trail owns or holds the relevant licences to all such Intellectual Property and that nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any Intellectual Property.
Some Intellectual Property used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners (collectively Third Party Marks).
Sydney Edible Garden Trail’s Intellectual Property and Third Party Marks may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Sydney Edible Garden Trail or the applicable trademark holder or Intellectual Property owner.
Users of the Services do not obtain any interest or licence in the Intellectual Property or Third Party Marks without the prior written permission of Sydney Edible Garden Trail or the applicable Intellectual Property owner. Users may not do anything which interferes with or breaches the Intellectual Property rights.
Users are permitted to post or comment on the website, Facebook group and Instagram (User Content). By making available any User Content or any Intellectual Property on or through the website and services, the user grants to Sydney Edible Garden Trail a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content and Intellectual Property, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content and Intellectual Property on, through, or by means of the Services.
The User agrees that it is solely responsible for all User Content and Intellectual Property that it makes available through the Services. The User represents and warrants that:
• it is either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content and Intellectual Property that it makes available through the Services, or that it has all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Sydney Edible Garden Trail the rights in such User Content or Intellectual Property, as contemplated under these Terms, and
• neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the User Content or Sydney Edible Garden Trail’s use of the User Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other Intellectual Property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Sydney Edible Garden Trail may at its sole discretion remove any User Content that is offensive or in breach of these Terms.
We may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our websites. For instance, we may reveal how many downloads a particular material got, or say which plugins are most popular based on checks from our web service used by us to check for new versions of plugins. However, we do not disclose personal information other than as described in this Policy.
14 November 2019